I am investigating the use of vocal prosody to communicate emotional cues between robot and human team members.
Education and Work Experience
I received a BS in Computer Engineering from Mississippi State University in 1992. I then attended the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and earned a MS in Computer Science in 1994. As a Programmer Analyst at Federal Express I developed applications in Smalltalk and Java. In 2003 I began my career in education by teaching information technology and math courses at the Center for Infomation Technology at Deep Run High School in Henrico County, Virginia. After returning to Starkville in 2005 I taught high school level math classes at Starkville Academy. I joined the faculty of the MSU’s Computer Science and Engineering Department as an instructor in 2006. I resigned my instructor position in 2012 to focus on my graduate studies.
- CSE1001, First Year Seminar – Digital Image Manipulation
- CSE1233, Computer Programming with C
- CSE1284, Introduction to Computer Programming
- CSE1384, Intermediate Computer Programming
- CSE2383, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis
- CSE3324, Distributed Client / Server Programming
- CSE3981, Computer Ethics
- CSE4214, Introduction to Software Engineering